hey, DUDE, my meteorologist friend...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_bird

10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Can you give us a good forecast for the Brattleboro, VT area on Sunday? You must be able to tell us something better than what I can grab from weather.com.

Are we going to be freezing out butts off?

Actually it will be pleasant, considering what time of year it is. There is a nasty weather system moving that way right now--so by Saturday it will be passed you--however it will more than likely be cloudy and quite windy. That may bring windchill temps in the 30s, but nothing you guys aren't used to. If this is an outside event--yes, you could ask for better weather, but for December, I wouldn't expect any mind-blowing temperatures out of this system. Earlier next week is when it will drop more as that cold air pushes in from Canada.

I hope the weather is favorable and that you guys have a good turnout and a great time.

It was a little chilly, but not bad. I can't remember the wind (Gilb's place is in town and kind of wind-sheltered), but there wasn't any rain. High 30s, low 40s, IIRC. So, looks like you got it right :D

the_bird said:
It was a little chilly, but not bad. I can't remember the wind (Gilb's place is in town and kind of wind-sheltered), but there wasn't any rain. High 30s, low 40s, IIRC. So, looks like you got it right :D

:D Cool. Maybe I should consider doing this as a career choice. :rockin:

What can you tell us about March 17th, up at Kai's? :D

Actually - how far out CAN we start thinking about a forecast being reasonably accurate? Seven days?

Wx geek that I be, looking forward to the possiblity of decent activity here tomorrow. First of March and the possibility of some good thunderrollers.

I Love a good storm. :ban:

Ize

the_bird said:
Actually - how far out CAN we start thinking about a forecast being reasonably accurate? Seven days?

depends on the time of year and the location of the area the forecast is for . . .

EXAMPLE: In the Milwaukee area in the month of March you need a forcast about 30 seconds prior to the event :D

the_bird said:
What can you tell us about March 17th, up at Kai's? :D

See meterologist's general rule #1 (somewhere in the VAgraNCy thread), and also take it from a wx guy that I can only be fairly accurate about 3 days out. 5 days is absolute MAX. Everything further out than that is a total crapshoot (besides meteorologist's general rule #1, which is right 100% of the time) and cannot be counted on.

Alrighty, Dude, looking like it's going to be pretty nasty around here in the next 24 hours; how does Friday night / Saturday morning look for the northern part of MA, from the Berkshires out to Kai's?

Back