Vacation Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeoXP

Reaction score
So I'm trying to brew as much as possible but my vacation is getting in the way (Damn!!)

My question is this:

I am planning to brew a Mango Wheat beer before leaving, I will be able to get it brewed and racked to the secondary just before leaving. I plan to add the fruit in the secondary. However, due to my schedule, it will have to stay in the secondary for 17days... Is that going to be a problem? The only thing I figured was to add a little less fruit since the beer will have more time to leach out the flavors. Was originally planning on about 8lbs, now thinging more like 5 would be in order.

Thanks all!

I am not sure about the amout of time in the secondary but I would say it would be fine! I would like to know how the mango flavor turns out in the finished beer!

I have been planning on doing a mango mead!

Well, perhaps I'll just go with it then and see what happens...

Are you putting the mango in the primary or secondary??? I wouldn't leave any fruit in the secondary for over a week... Have you ever had rotten mango??? Just a thought.

I did raspberrys for 2 or 3 weeks, and it was great....I blended the berrys up and cooked them for 15-20 minutes before putting them in...

Back