Score of the Day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smashing

Reaction score
I just picked this up today....

downsized_0506011042.jpg

20# CO2 tank and a Cornelius gaugefor $25!! Man I love craigslist!

Now I have to call around to see how much to fill/trade this thing. Anyone know how to read when it was last hydro'd?

Bring it to a welding supply place... they can tell you if it was and the cost of a new one... Most likely its going to be around $25-$35 to fill it.

It will be stamped on the canister near the top.

IIRC it is good for five years, and if it needs it done again its usually another $20 or so.

If you have an Airgas or compressed gas store near you take it there. I just swapped a 20lb and a 10lb and I know the hydro test was expired on the 10lb. they didn't even look at the date, they just took it and gave me a full one. It was $18 for the 20lb and 16.50 for the 10lb. (plus tax and hazmat charge of 6.50)

I bought a 20# a few weeks ago at the place where I get my welding gas, he also has medical gas and beverage gas. The tank was $70 plus $13.50 for the CO2. Then a week later I went a flea market and found a 20# alum. pepsi tank full of gas with a corn. regulator, and 5 line manifold with lines and ball lock connectors for $45. I don't know if anyone else will fill a pepsi tank or not but it says right on the tank I can get $75 deposit. Pretty good score I thought.

Lucky......:mad:

I bought a 20# a few weeks ago at the place where I get my welding gas, he also has medical gas and beverage gas. The tank was $70 plus $13.50 for the CO2. Then a week later I went a flea market and found a 20# alum. pepsi tank full of gas with a corn. regulator, and 5 line manifold with lines and ball lock connectors for $45. I don't know if anyone else will fill a pepsi tank or not but it says right on the tank I can get $75 deposit. Pretty good score I thought.

Back