Coming for a visit. (Canton, Ma)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaver

Reaction score
Hey all you Canton area Mass-holes, I figured I'ld drop the HBT'ers a message since I'll be coming out to your area for a few days the end of June. Just made my reservations for June 25-29 for some company training there. I'ld like to check out a few locations and maybe catch a beer or two. I've already done a quick search and found the Blue Hills Brewery right in town. Figured I'ld see what else is in the area. Even a Homebrew Club meeting would be more interesting than sitting in my hotel room reading HBT!
I might be persuaded to bring out some locals beers if someone needs a shipment from Upstate NY/Saratoga way.

hmmm... the only club I THINK that is close to Canton is SSBC (homebeerbrewer (above), PTN and I are members). Our meeting in June is this Tuesday so that ain't gonna help you unfortunately.

Tryin' to think of good spots out that way and I'm at a little bit of a loss.

If you're going to have transportation, a quick shot down to Providence might be worth it. It's closer than you think and there are a couple really strong spots (I'm thinking Julian's, East Ave... maybe some of the brewpubs in Prov?).

But close to Canton... hmmm... BBC?? (asking other Massholes).

PTN will get all pissy but I would skip Blue Hills. They don't exactly have a stellar reputation.

Hit up Granite Links Golf Club in Quincy if you want to sit out on a deck and have a couple of brews. It's situated high on an old quarry that served other purposes later ;-) But it has a high elevation for great views. Parts of the movie Gone Baby Gone was shot there. Deck has a great view of the Boston skyline and bay. The selection of beer is kind of small but good and the food is usually good. Good place to decompress after training.

I will have a company vehicle for driving around. I'm driving out as it is. So while I can have a few, driving a company car will limit my drinking. I apprecaite the notes and I'll check in again before I come out.

You can check out the Yardhouse in Dedham at Legacy Place, 100+ beers on tap. Sam Adams Brewery in Jamaica Plain is not far from Canton either.

The Union Brewhouse in Weymouth is a great beer bar, small and limited parking (though parking available across the street) they have like 12 taps and 99 beers in bottle and they are pretty much right off highway (off Rt 3) so only about 20 minutes from Canton.

And someone mentioned the BBC (British Beer Club), there is one in Walpole MA on RT 1, which is close to Canton too.

Finally if you want to venture a little further without going to Boston, their is Hingham Beer Works on RT 3A in, well, Hingham. It's part of the Boston Beer Works chain of brewpubs. They make their own beer, usually have at least 12-15 available and the Hingham location is right on the water.

Hope that helps!

Not sure of any places in Canton to buy good craft beer, but if you go to the Yardhouse in Dedham, the Whole Foods there actually has a good beer selection.

As for Clubs, the B3 club meets in Weymouth every month, normally at the South Shore Homebrew Emporium, but our meeting this month is the 16th and is at a member's house.

Back