Best place to buy bulk malts in socal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goyagon

Reaction score
The homebrew stores near me that I know of are southbay brewing and steinfillers. Does southbay brewing do bulk malts? Are there any other places around here that do. I just got a grain mill but I'm not sure where to go.

50lbbags of domestic for I believe $44/50lbs at Steinfillers in Long Beach. Imported was $55 for 50lbs. *I think*

stein filers is the cheapest in south bay / LA area. there is a couple of other places like in Culver city or Torrance but they are pretty pricey.

My partner and I just bought the inventory and will be opening in the same location as vanguard homebrew in the city of La Verne. Not 100% sure exact numbers on full sacks yet but should be about 39 or 40 and well be doing 10% on your first trip if you sign up for our email list... You can follow us on instagram at socal homebrew. We have NOT taken over the socalhomebrew.com website yet so please do not place any orders, they will not get to us. PM me forany details....We have a ton of pinlocks too if anyone is interested.

Kosmo

I have come to the conclusion that I cannot save any money by driving to Riverside to buy bulk grains, simply due to the cost of gas and the amount of time spent driving there and back. If I were in the area anyway then it's probably worth stopping by, though.

Well then you should drive to Laverne, half the distance... Lol SoCal Homebrew should soft open 4-19. Fire marshal cleared us yesterday

@ SoCal homebrew

... this is good news.... i will once again be able to walk across the street for homebrew supplies. Though Vanguard never let me buy bulk grains.

@ SoCal homebrew

... this is good news.... i will once again be able to walk across the street for homebrew supplies. Though Vanguard never let me buy bulk grains.

Where do you work???

We will sell at least two row in bulk and maybe doin a grain buy once a year if somebody organizes it all, we are even kicking around the idea of a virtual sack for a lil more but always get fresh grain,,,just trying to figure out the administration.:mug:

Back