Where/How do you Label?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyc88

Reaction score
After looking at the Show us your label thread, it seems like a lot of people have some really killer labels.

Where/how do you guys print your labels? I've used bottleyourbrand.com and i've used Avery Rectangular labels and printed some myself. How are the people doing ones with burnt looking edges and/or brown paper etc? The more sophisticated than base white sticky labels.

I always use BeerClings.com to print my labels. Good price and I like that I can reuse when I brew the same beer again.

I design and print my labels on a laser jet printer and then use a glue stick (the type kids use in school) and affix the label to the bottle. Comes off easy and the glue cleans of easy as well.

I use Illustrator to design my labels & then have them printed on regular paper with a laser printer. Affix with gelatin & its the bomb. I know there's other free software out there that would be similar (used to use gimp back in the day, dunno if its still around). Even word would work I suppose with the wordart feature. I bet all the "cool" ones your seeing are using some sort of graphics software.

definitely go with the gelatin method (it's somewhere in the forum).

I design and print my labels on a laser jet printer and then use a glue stick (the type kids use in school) and affix the label to the bottle. Comes off easy and the glue cleans of easy as well.

I follow the same process as loucurr, but print on a color laser printer and also use a glue stick to adhere. The size I make mine is 3" x 4" and you can get 6 to a sheet.

I follow the same process as loucurr, but print on a color laser printer and also use a glue stick to adhere. The size I make mine is 3" x 4" and you can get 6 to a sheet.

How does the glue stick once it's on? They last a long time with light condensation?

How does the glue stick once it's on? They last a long time with light condensation?

They may come off if in a cooler and they get soaked, but otherwise the labels adhere well, even with a little condensation. I have had great success with this method.

Labels_012.jpg

Just had a thought/idea. I have a friend with a vynl cutter and a graphic design degree. I was wondering if anybody ever tried using vynl for beer labels. My reason is I think once you put it on it would hopefully never come off. So I would use these labels only for something I was going to brew repeatedly and just set them aside until I have enough to brew it again.

My labels at thestudiopub.com rounded corner, water-resistant labels. They hold up well but are not reusable. You also might check out grogtag.com. They have reusable vinyl labels.

Both are great quality. When you order from thestudiopub, a graphic designer takes the info you supply and does the layout. On grogtag, what you see is what you get.

Check the signature for discounts.

After looking at the Show us your label thread, it seems like a lot of people have some really killer labels.

Where/how do you guys print your labels? I've used bottleyourbrand.com and i've used Avery Rectangular labels and printed some myself. How are the people doing ones with burnt looking edges and/or brown paper etc? The more sophisticated than base white sticky labels.

I have been printing on grocery bags (the back side) after sizing them correctly to fit in my printer and using knox gelatine to adhere them. As for the burnt edges...I burn the edges lol...stinks like hell!

Photoshop is what i use to edit and filter the images i find along with their custom shapes and stamps to get put on the finishing touches. To be honest I'm really a hack... there are many more talented people here than myself but with the right tools and time you can really do some nice work while leaning on the creativity and insight of others here.

Damn dude, for a hack you turn out some nice labels. I like the burnt paper bags. Not sure I would have the patience for all that. I use gimp and vinyl labels on a color laser printer. Solid colour like in the backgrounds of labels really sucks the toner so I only do labels for the stuff I give away to friends. Since the labels are vinyl they don't run or bleed when wet and peel off when done.

Hey everybody,

We specialize in vinyl cling labels that are reusable. We can print custom labels and we are able to cut any shape for you. Feel free to PM us if you have any questions on the product.

Back