Good Deal on Keggle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benharper13

Reaction score
I'm buying this Keggle for $120. Good deal or no? Keep in mind kegs are hard to come buy in Utah. They are illegal to buy unless you own a liquor license

100_3705.jpg

100_3704.jpg

Looks like it has over 60 bucks in hardware on it. Looks like a great HLT. Offer 100 bucks. It's not like he can sell it to just anyone at this point.

this my friends is why you should be using a jig to cut you keggle top off

$80-$100 I'd say

-=Jason=-

Yeah obviously the top doesn't look to nice I was going to try and clean that up.

I agree with above posters. Although, with the bulkhead, thermometer and sight glass, it would be a good buy. $80-100. Get a dip tube and a false bottom, and you have yourself a 15.5 gal. kettle. Or keep it the way it is and use it as a HLT.
Not sure what your brew set-up is, but if you are looking to step up to larger than 5 gal. batches, I would go for it. Just offer to trade him some brews you come up with off of this kettle to lower the price. Then he may go even lower, you say he is a friend and all. HA

I don't think he's going to lower the price and I agree with most of you guys that 80-100 is more realistic, however because kegs are so hard to come buy I think i will do it as long as I can fix the top. How hard will it be to repair that cut? I'm assuming I just have to start all over

there looks to be enough room on the lip to go back with a plasma cutter and get a nice even lip. When I cut mine I just butted up to the inside of the walls for the handles and you should have a fairly even rim, go back over the edge with a couple of grinders to take off the edge to keep from having a sharp edge that you can cut yourself on. I'd offer less and then give him what he wants if he doesn't go for it.

Yeah, on second thought, even if you scored a raw keg for $50, the parts alone are another 60. Figure an hour to drill three holes and install, then another hour to calibrate the sight. Offer $100 but pay 120 of you have to.

If you have about an hour, a steady hand, a dremmel tool (and a pack or two of metal cut off blades, you can clean up that edge. I agree that there is a lot of hardware on there and if they are hard to come by, go for it.

66430_452861248845_596098845_5276734_5329064_n.jpg

44968_452861268845_596098845_5276735_4111320_n.jpg

I'll go +1 to the consensus, it's probably worth $100 or so, but if you're having trouble finding one (or if you don't have tools, or aren't handy) I probably would drop the $120 if I couldn't negotiate down. If you are handy, yeah, there should be enough room left on the rim where you can clean up the cut a little. Not than big a deal to leave it as-is as long as the edges aren't sharp, but it's not that hard to do a better job than THAT. It's a little too "BierMuncher" for me, but that's pretty easy to fix.

As-is, though, with the Brewometer and sight glass and ball value, that'd be a real good deal at $80 and plenty fair at $100. I'm assuming that's a weldless setup for the ball value? Be worth a little more if it were welded (well).

Latest posts

Back