Ideas for cooling fermentation box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewkowski

Reaction score
I never planned on building one, and only because I saw a box on sale did I think about it, and now I've ran out of space and am trying to figure out the best way to cool the box. I was originally planning on two small fans from an old IBM and running a remote thermostat, but with my limited space I'm really not sure. Any advice or creative thoughts? I was almost thinking of some kind of rack that could fit down on the carboy with a space for the airlock that could hold some ice bottles and the fan unit. No clue how I'd do it, just thinking. I haven't used it yet so I have no idea how cold it will keep. I'll be dropping the wort in from the top with a carboy carrier. Is my best bet just using the 2 liters around the carboy?

fermentation box - HomeBrewTalk Gallery

Try searching craigslist for an old minifridge in bad shape, take it apart, and dangle the cooling element down in your box.

DSC_0565_13761.JPG

Back