Broken Guage!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landhoney

Reaction score
Of course my CO2 tank falls over after carbing my first keg EVER and the regulator's second guage BREAKS! And of course I don't have a cage, so I'm ordering a new guage and a cage(or making one?), but I cannot get the old/broken guage off. Its a dual gauge reg from micromatic, the guage on the left showing pressure left in the tank is the one that is broken. I cannot get it to twist off, any ideas? I'm really annoyed that I was so stupid, its especially bad because I was so excited that I carbed my first keg. Help!

Almost all threaded fasteners tighten when the head or nut is rotated clockwise. That is, as a viewer turns a nut clockwise it moves away from her. Such a fastener is said to have a right-hand thread; all screw fasteners are assumed to be right-hand unless otherwise specified. Left-hand threads are usually found only on rotating machinery. For example, the axles of bicycle pedals screw into threaded holes in the cranks. In a pair of pedals one will have a right-hand thread and the other a left-hand thread. That way the rotation of the pedals doesn't tend to unscrew their axles.

To designate a left-hand thread, the letters “LH” are placed after the class of fit, like this:

3/8-16 UNC 2B LH (21)

No comment is necessary for a right-hand thread.

So you have it backwards!

Its OFFF , thanks soooooo much. It looks glued in and took ALL my strength to get it off. It was on there so tight, I don't get it. Thanks alot, I owe you a brew or two. Jeeps rule BTW, ever since selling my wrangler I've missed it. After my super seven kit, a jeep is next on the list to buy.

Good story.I knocked my bottle with the brand-new dual gauge regulator over on the garage floor and broke the tank level gauge also....on my first keg ever:eek: .It doesn't leak so i haven't messed with it.I'm too cheap for a cage but i'm real good about keeping it secured now;) .
cheers:mug:

Back