Anyone try to make a kegerator with Igloo 4.6?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blawjr

Reaction score
Looks a little short to work, but I am on my phone so its hard to tell. If this is the route you want to go, your probably better off with a fridge instead so you dont need to install a controller.

I followed the link to your igloo fridge, it looks like a good deal. Will you be able to keep your co2 tank inside with the 2 corni kegs, or will it have to go outside? My edgestar kegerator just croaked so I'm in the market for a replacement. I'm going to take all the hardware off my edgestar and build it into a new fridge like the one your going to use. I'm interested to see and hear how it works out for you so post the pics when you have them.

BrewMasta

Sorry for not following-up sooner.

Here are some pictures of my build. I actually ruptured a freon line with a hole saw. Do not, I repeat DO NOT use a hole saw on the top of these fridges. Start from the bottom up from inside the fridge so you can see the lines as you clear the insulation.

Without further a due:

Cut freon line. :(
image-126841271.jpg

Here is the new fridge. Notice how I started from the bottom (inside) up. Added some metallic tape to keep the insulation sealed.
image-962573735.jpg

After I found where the freon lines where, I pealed back the the metal just enough to get the beer lines through.
image-1541332632.jpg

Took apart a pallet to make a makeshift counter. Here it is prepping for screws.
image-3972001369.jpg

You must remove the tray holders from the inside so that the corny kegs can fit side by side (it's a close fit!)
image-1986663861.jpg

Cutting a hole into the pallet counter using a hole saw. No freon lines here to worry about :)
image-872512992.jpg

Coming together.
image-775592580.jpg

Finished! Fits two corny kegs and a 5lb CO2 tank perfectly!
image-2677146726.jpg

First pour!
image-1236972681.jpg

If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask!

Would you be able to post measurements to the hole cut out for the tower? Are you using a temp controller? I am also curious on how you attached the countertop the the fridge. Thank you. In advance.

Would you be able to post measurements to the hole cut out for the tower? Are you using a temp controller? I am also curious on how you attached the countertop the the fridge. Thank you. In advance.

Sorry again for the late reply. I don't get notifications for this thread for some reason.

The hole I believe is a 3 incher. I only drilled the top through, then made a smaller whole coming from inside the fridge since there is a maze of freon lines.

As for the pallet top. I got heat treated pallets (DO NOT get the chemically treated ones, they are poisonous) cut them to length, glued them up, then drilled them into the two front corners of the fridge. Pretty simple!

I just winged it and started my hole from the inside out and quickly realized that there are free on lines running through the top and bottom. Let me tell you it was stressful. But got it done

image-2385911956.jpg

I've also used an older version of this fridge for a single tap kegerator with a homemade PVC tap tower. Also rewired it and flush mounted an STC-1000. Fits my single keg and 5# co2 no problem, even without altering the door panel.

Back