Sabco Brew-Magic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctango

Reaction score
I just bought one and would like to brew a test batch with someone who has experience with the system. I'm sure there are techniques that would be nice to know. I live in Houston TX feel free to message me with any info. thanks:mug:

They didn't help you through your first batch? I thought that was one of the big things sabco did was work with you on setting it up?

Nice problem to have, don't get frustrated, it aint gonna be easy at first.

_

They didn't help you through your first batch? I thought that was one of the big things sabco did was work with you on setting it up?

It comes assembled.

As for the OP. I would ask this same question on the Brew-Magic forum as there is a higher concentration of owners there than anywhere else.

Barring that, I ran some water through it once and practiced all the controls, made sure everything was tight etc. I brewed the next time and it went okay. So if you can't find someone to brew with you, don't be afraid to just give it a shot.

I just bought one and would like to brew a test batch with someone who has experience with the system. I'm sure there are techniques that would be nice to know. I live in Houston TX feel free to message me with any info. thanks:mug:

I'd like to help, but I have never brewed on a BM. I have seen an older one that my friend has (I don't know how old, but not the latest version). FWIW, he likes it a lot and I would guess the newer models are even better. IIRC, we are talking about a combination manually direct fired/automated electric heat exchanger with a cool graphic interface. Whew! What this means to me is that you have a lot of options on how you want to brew from a simple infusion mash all the way to circulating stemp mashes with optional gas burner assist for the temp ramp ups. I think that you can maintain constant mash temps without using the gas burner at all.

I think all you need to do is get familiar with the software part of the BM and everything else will come quickly. I would think that they would supply you with at least a tutorial DVD of some kind. How difficult would that be? Maybe they have such a thing. I would give them a call. You bought a relatively expensive system and they owe you some customer service IMO.

It's difficult to advise beyond the above limited info without knowing how much brewing experience you have and on what type of systems. If you've ever brewed on a Herms or RIMS, it should be no problem getting up to speed on the BM.

I bought it used and the owner said he would walk me through the first batch on the phone.... that cool and all, its just that I would like to have someone in person....and/or a brew buddy!! I've figured out the controls but would like to brew with someone. I have the capacity to ferment 30gal of beer....so I plan on putting this thing to work

What I meant was...I was under the impression that sabco sends out sales reps to run through your first batch with you and get everything programmed the way it should be.

No, it would be substantially more expensive if that were the case. They might do something like that locally but airfare and hotel would a substantial portion of the purchase price.

Back