Noob kegging question.... please help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bentpirate

Reaction score
I purchased 4 pin lock kegs. At the time of purchase 2 were under pressure for at least 5 years, the other 2 were not. I have soaked them in Oxy for a week and was planning on cleaning tonight. However, when I placed all of them on their side with our pressure they leaked, ever so slightly from the main fill opening. My question; is this normal or do I need to examine the kegs more and find out why they leak. I replaced the main fill O ring on all of them and have not pulled the posts out yet since I am waiting for the socket to arrive.
I am thinking since they 'trickel' it might be normal and if I apply pressure it will be fine since that would apply pressure against the O ring. Thanks in advance. :confused:

Mine too.

Make sure you get those posts torn down and cleaned before you use them.

Replace the o-rings too!

You can get 100 o-rings for the tubes from McMaster for something like $2.00

I ordered the Orings today and everything is getting stripped this weekend prior to use. I wanted to get the 'gross' cleaning done first. I really appreciate the info! I don't know why I assumed they didn't leak even with out pressure

Back