Truth in advertising and Michelob Ultra

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChshreCat

Reaction score
Anyone hear the radio ads on right now for Michelob Ultra?

It talks about going up to the bar and trying to choose a beer with so many choices. Then the announcer says...

"If you've tasted Michelob Ultra... you wouldn't give it a second thought."

Now... do you think they MEANT it the way I take it?

:D

I think they did mean it that way. How could you brew that stuff and honestly think it tastes good. That can't be sued for false advertising with that strategy can they..... is it false advertising that they call it beer?

I remember going to a really fancy bar .... and the premium beer they had on tap was Michelob. I won't even go into what the others were.

I like to drink light beers, but I never have like Michelob Ultra that much. It just tastes too much like nothing. I'd much rather drink Busch Light or Millwaukee's Best Light than Michelob Ultra.

And Miller Genuine Draft 64 is pretty worthless too.

That is funny and true, Michelob Ultra is BAD IMO. I think the worst is Heineken Greenlite, but I dislike most green bottled beers...Always skunky to me.

I like to drink light beers, but I never have like Michelob Ultra that much. It just tastes too much like nothing. I'd much rather drink Busch Light or Millwaukee's Best Light than Michelob Ultra.

And Miller Genuine Draft 64 is pretty worthless too.

I actually bought a 30 pack of Keystone light because it was the cheapest I have ever seen it (at the asian store of course, wasn't expecting to buy beer there but oh well) it was 11.99 for 30 cans... it should be a great pool side beer to give to people that don't want my homebrew.

Anyone hear the radio ads on right now for Michelob Ultra?

It talks about going up to the bar and trying to choose a beer with so many choices. Then the announcer says...

"If you've tasted Michelob Ultra... you wouldn't give it a second thought."

Now... do you think they MEANT it the way I take it?

:D

I love it when something like that makes it out to the public. Seems like someone would've caught that one. I think my favorite was back in the late 80's. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was popular and they made these fried pies with the pudding inside them based on the Ninja Turtles. First of all, the pudding was green. If that weren't nasty enough the commercial's tag line was "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Pies: Fresh from the Sewer to You." Yeah. I want a green "pudding" pie that came from the sewer...

Back