That time of year again... Spike Brewing Group Kettle Purchase!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Back by popular demand....

http://spikebrewing.com/stainless-steel-kettles

We will be offering a $20 off coupon for ALL the stainless steel kettles we offer. Our kettles can be ordered with 1 coupler, 2 vertical couplers or 2 horizontal couplers. We also offer a 3rd welded coupler for a sight glass. This option can be ordered by going to the vertical style kettle of your choice and clicking the 'add 3rd coupler' in the drop down box. As always the kettle includes free shipping to the lower 48 states.

We're placing a large order for kettles on Wednesday (8/15) so there will be a 2 week lead time on getting your kettle. Any order that doesn't use the "HBT" coupon code will be shipped out with our normal 1-2 day handling time.

You can order directly through our site using the "HBT" coupon code at checkout. The coupon will be good until Tuesday (8/14) at midnight.

Any questions feel free to email or call me personally :mug:

http://spikebrewing.com/stainless-steel-kettles

Ben Caya
Owner | Spike Brewing LLC
[email protected]

Electric kettle eh? So like I could brew in the basement and not use that cruddy stove I have?

I think I might just wait for that.

This might be a dumb question, but is it accurate that the 10 and 15 gallon kettles (only ones I looked at besides the 12G) are both only 1MM thick while the 12G kettle is 8mm thick?

1MM seems crazy thin, but I'm not a materials guy, nor do I know the thickness of the walls of my current kettle. I'm thinking the 10 or 12G and a false bottom to replace my igloo mashtun.

This might be a dumb question, but is it accurate that the 10 and 15 gallon kettles (only ones I looked at besides the 12G) are both only 1MM thick while the 12G kettle is 8mm thick?

1MM seems crazy thin, but I'm not a materials guy, nor do I know the thickness of the walls of my current kettle. I'm thinking the 10 or 12G and a false bottom to replace my igloo mashtun.

It says the 12G is .8mm, not 8mm.

Electric kettle eh? So like I could brew in the basement and not use that cruddy stove I have?

I think I might just wait for that.

That would be correct. Stay tuned....

It was already answered but... The 12gal is .8 (we have since discontinued that kettle) and our other kettles are 1mm. Most stainless steel kettles are .8 to 1.2mm thick. Aluminum ranges from 1mm to 6mm.

Thank you for the post and special offer to HBT! Unfortantly, I already have a great kettle, but I will keep you guys in mind for next time.

Robert

We appreciate the consideration

I've been eyeing these kettles for the last two weeks or so. Once I saw the $20 off, I pulled the trigger and placed my order just a few minutes ago.

I can't wait. :mug:

I ordered the 15 gallon kettle a few months ago and couldn't be happier....:)

I ordered the 15 gallon kettle a few months ago and couldn't be happier....:)

Good to know. I read a thread back from Jan. and those folks had nothing but good things to say as well. I'm totally ready to stop brewing on the stove and move outside for AG brewing.

bgburdman9 said:
I only do 5 gallon batches. Should I get a 10 or 15 gallon? Considered the 12 gallon but wasn't sure about the thickness.

The 10 gallon kettle is recommended for 5 gallon batches.

I only do 5 gallon batches. Should I get a 10 or 15 gallon? Considered the 12 gallon but wasn't sure about the thickness.

We are discontinuing the 12gal kettles because of the thickness issue. .8mm is definitely tougher than even a 6mm aluminum kettle but we still had issues with kettles getting damaged during shipping. The 1mm kettles are a great balance between toughness and weight.

As for size... It all depends on what your future plans are. Do you plan on doing 10gal batches in the future? If so I would recommend the 15gal with horizontal fittings. It'll allow you to do small batches and allows plenty of room to grow. There is no point in buying a 10gal kettle now and then a 15gal kettle in 6 months when you get the itch to brew 10gals at a time.

I had to jump on this and get a kettle. I've been kicking myself since I missed the last group buy. It'll be a BK for now, but as soon as the electric kettles come out, I'll be converting it over to a MLT.

Thanks for the discount.

I'm unable to get the discount code to work today. Is the deal still on?

Just ordered 2 10 gallons, one for HLT and other for BK. The stainless pot I have now is just a little too small for 5 gallon all grain batches, I keep getting boilovers. This should remedy it nicely. ;)

I'm not sure how clear it is on the site but we do offer kettles with an extra coupler welded in for a sightglass. There's a drop down in all of the vertical kettles.

Is the third coupler offset like the horizontal setup? So, two on the bottom and one above.

Just ordered 2 10 gallons, one for HLT and other for BK. The stainless pot I have now is just a little too small for 5 gallon all grain batches, I keep getting boilovers. This should remedy it nicely. ;)
Ordered one up, looking forward to full boil AG batches!

Appreciate the business! :mug:

When will the kettles ship?

They will ship in ~2weeks

Is the third coupler offset like the horizontal setup? So, two on the bottom and one above.

The 3rd coupler is added to the vertical style. So you'll have your 2 vertical couplers plus a third coupler at 1.5" off the bottom 45 degrees from the other two couplers. Make sense?

:mug:

Just a reminder... Tuesday will be the last day to get the $20 off

Pulled the trigger. Got a 10G tricked out w/ Thermometer, SS Valve, SS Fittings and false bottom. Truthfully I've loved my 10G cooler setup, but I didn't want to miss out on these prices, so I guess I'm going to move to direct fired MLT! Thanks for the discount!

All in all it's cost me about the same as my cooler setup (valve, weldless kit and False Bottom).

SpikeBrewing said:
It's back up and running. Closed at midnight yesterday instead of midnight tonight.

Thanks ordered a 15 gal one, one step closer to going all grain.

Back