Any Sightings of Bigfoot 2012 yet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweet. i didn't see anything about a release online, just about a change in the recipe for this year, and whether or not they're releasing oaked bigfoot. keeping' me eyes peeled... hopefully for the oaked!

I talked to the guy I buy beer from and he said it was pushed back because of Ruthless Rye and one other beer that SN did when they normally would have made BF. He said it would be around March.

I have 2 in my fridge from last year. Mmmmm...

If the Packers win this weekend, sounds like a great reason to crack one.

None in my neck of the woods yet (Southern CA). I still have 2 bottles from last year as well. I'm gonna build a sixer starting from last year till 2016.

I was on the east coast over the holidays (New Jersey) and they had it in stock out there, this was the week between xmas and new year's, so it's definitely been released.

Haven't seen it in the store in Nor Cal yet, but I also haven't been looking.

Edit: Didn't know about the oaked thing... the ones I got said nothing about being oaked and tasted like I remember the regular stuff tasting.

Edit again: Not sure how to reconcile this w/ Teromous' guy's info that it won't be out until March -- I'm 100% sure they had Bigfoot, and I'm about 90% sure the cap said 2012 (i.e. that it was not leftover stock from last year, which I would find highly unlikely anyway).

My HBS has had some on hand for awhile now. I always get a couple when I stop in there for supplies.

I think the one's you have seen our from 2011 believe it or not there is some still on the shelves I am 100% certain it has not been released yet.

I am holding a case of 2011 and will do the same for 2012. Love it with about two years on it

ceweldon said:
My Publix still has last years.

So does my local Anderson's. I was surprised. Too bad it is stored warm on the self under florescent lightsand had been for a while. I still have three aging from last year.

I also saw @beerpulse on twitter post that he confirmed they will start shipping 1/30. His site is beernews.org

He has good reliable info usually for what its worth.

Can't wait to see this on the shelf. I plan on buying a 6 pack to drink, and a few more to store for a year or two.

Can't wait to see this on the shelf. I plan on buying a 6 pack to drink, and a few more to store for a year or two.

i'm hoping the barrel aged Bigfoot makes it to shelves near me, i wanna cellar a couple 6ers of that! :mug: hell, i'd settle for a keg of it making it to one of my local watering holes, i've not yet tried it and it sounds oh so good. a review i read said the barrel aged Bigfoot will be out mid/late 2012.

I'm gonna check for it this weekend. Sunday has become my new craft beer run day because I work near a good store in Boise, and Sunday is my "Friday." I'll check there and report back if I have any good news!

Tagged and bagged. Ready to age, drink and release back to the wild. I have my 1st 6er and will grab a second for a vertical.

Do not take this the wrong way but I THINK I am detecting a bit higher tannin levels than last years. It almost has an "oakeyness" to it. I am sure this one will be one to age... Last years tasted IPA-ish young but this is drinking it green by definition...

Do not take this the wrong way but I THINK I am detecting a bit higher tannin levels than last years. It almost has an "oakeyness" to it. I am sure this one will be one to age... Last years tasted IPA-ish young but this is drinking it green by definition...

Supposedly this year I heard they are offering an Oak aged version.
I'm just the messenger and no nothing about this.

Back