Brew Rig Brew Sculpture Diagram Plumbing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cryckeley

Reaction score
Does anyone out in the HBT world have a drawn plan that you can share for creating your own brew rig/sculpture? I have the frame in the works and I want to do a recirculating mash. I am making a 3 vessel keg system Water, Mash and Boil with 3 burners

Thanks in advance,

Chris

are you wanting to hard plumb it or use quick disconnects and hoses? also single tier, two, three? I hard plumbed, and you can see what i did below in my electric build. Also there is a thread out there if you search for it for "show off your hard plumbing".

Most people use flexible hose and move the connections around, there are a lot of valves that go with hard plumbing in a single tier system.

A few tips on hard plumbing:
Always use a quick disconnect on each kettle/keggle port.
Design it so it can be taken apart without cutting. i.e. think about how the pipes are attached and use unions if necessary.
Sketch up your stand and keggles and then draw the pipe where you want it. This way you can change it multiple times without leaving the drawing board.
If you are going copper, consider using PEX fittings, they are expensive but far less hassle if you aren't comfortable sweating pipe.
Consider short runs of hose for final connections (braided nylon for high pressure/silicone for high heat).

Back