• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Better Bottle Fermenters - 6 Gallon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beradthefish

Reaction score
Two available:

$70 each, delivery included to the USA. Prefer to ship together.

Each bottle includes:

bottle itself (6 gallon ported)

closure with plug

racking adapter

Flo valve

Only one air lock (dry trap)

https://picasaweb.google.com/101824928756797396829/BrewingStuffForSale?authkey=Gv1sRgCKu9utSFlf7YVQ&feat=directlink#5770745519801612834

If you want this item, post a reply to the thread indicating so, not a PM. I will PM you my PayPal address. Be sure to include your address in the PayPal transaction, and what the payment is for or I will refund your money and move on to the next interested buyer. I have several items for sale. Thanks!

Your price is high....I can get a 5 gallon PET #1 bottle at my local grocery store for $6

Schumed said:
Your price is high....I can get a 5 gallon PET #1 bottle at my local grocery store for $6

If they work for you, great.

I've tried the PET bottles from the grocery store- they all seem to impart a plastic taste to whatever I put in them. BBs don't They're also mostly five gallon where these are six. Not to mention these come with ports and racking arms which work very well.

Good deal for somebody looking for a ported better bottle with everything you need.

You can get a brand new ported 6 gal better bottle from amazon for 39.99.

Regarding the useless banter- if you have a link reference lower prices for the same items, post it, I will probably then consider lowering my price. If not, feel free to not buy the items or post on my thread.

I like this... get others to research what the value of your items are... If he's going to be so resistant to hearing the value of his better bottles just let his better bottles sit another 2 months... I wouldn't bother engaging...

I like this... get others to research what the value of your items are... If he's going to be so resistant to hearing the value of his better bottles just let his better bottles sit another 2 months... I wouldn't bother engaging...

But it might save others from overpaying.

Alright! First of all, mors, hurry up and edit your post in order to convey a more cordial grown-up tone before someone thinks you're not the gentleman you actually are. I don't want that to happen to you man!

For anyone else interested, I updated the original post with the picture, not sure what happened to it but it's back. Here are NB's prices compared to what I'm asking:

$28.99 - Bottle x2
$14.99 - Simple flow valve x2
$15.99 - Dry trap x1
$29.99 - Racking adapter x2
$25.99 - Ported closure x2
$3.99 - Racking outlet install rod x1

Total: $219.90.

I'm asking $140 and shipping is on me. If that's a bit out of range, make me an offer, and I'll consider it after a short period of time. Worst I can do is say no!

I've never used a better bottle.
May I ask - what are all these add ons?

You ferment in the bottle, and they provide a way to rack to a bottling bucket, without the need of an auto siphon?
If you have an auto siphon then what addons do need?

I've never used a better bottle.
May I ask - what are all these add ons?

You ferment in the bottle, and they provide a way to rack to a bottling bucket, without the need of an auto siphon?
If you have an auto siphon then what addons do need?

ArcLight, add ons:

Simple flow valve - Simple on/off valve at the port.

Dry trap - Same as a fermentation airlock, it's a one-way valve.

Racking adapter - Racking arm to allow you to draw the beer from above the sediment/trub/yeast or whatever lies at the bottom.

Ported closure - Cap that can accept the dry trap or plug or whatever else they make for it.

Racking outlet install rod - Need this or something similar to this to install the racking arm to the inside of the bottle, since you can't reach your hand in there to do it.

I would use gravity to empty the carboy into another vessel, worked fine, auto-siphon is unnecessary.

Does that help?

DaBills said:
Does ported just mean a hole drilled in it?

Yes, but the hole can only be drilled by a very expensive diamond coated stepper bit to tolerances not to exceed .00001". In a sterile temperature controlled environment. You have have that setup at home? I thought not, which is why my offer should be that much more attractive!

Yes, but the hole can only be drilled by a very expensive diamond coated stepper bit to tolerances not to exceed .00001". In a sterile temperature controlled environment. You have have that setup at home? I thought not, which is why my offer should be that much more attractive!

I was just telling people where to get cheap BB's. I'm not interested.. LoL. But good luck with sale.

Forget the bottle, I want that "very expensive diamond coated stepper bit to tolerances not to exceed .00001".

Where can I get this bit?
Will you drop it off at my house for $5?

I'd be interested to know where this comes from:

"very expensive diamond coated stepper bit to tolerances not to exceed .00001".

That sounds like aerospace tolerances!

kh54s10 said:

Ya he forgot to mention his better bottles have the flight kit so they weightlessly hover!

I was watching one deal on ebay few weeks back. It was sold for 38 shipped with valve and racking adaptor but no closure or airlock.

kh54s10 said:

If the hole isn't cut to this exact tolerance, the gynaherpasyphilaids virus could squeeze in and ruin your batch. Source: me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back