Keg Post Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbhudy

Reaction score
I just got 4 kegs from midwest, and they all have different posts (all ball lock though). I wanted to have them all with the same post (either Corny "A" or "B" {I seem to have both}).

I would like to standardize on one if I can.. If not I need to order some more parts for spares.. If I am ordering spare parts is there really a difference between the "Gas" and "Liquid" post? They seem the exact same to the untrained eye..

Help please..
HB

No, they are quite different. A Gas QD will not fit on a liquid post and vice versa.

That's not to say you couldn't just swap all of your gas posts with liquid posts and just have one type - but you certainly risk connecting the wrong line to the wrong post.

No, they are quite different. A Gas QD will not fit on a liquid post and vice versa.

That's not to say you couldn't just swap all of your gas posts with liquid posts and just have one type - but you certainly risk connecting the wrong line to the wrong post.

OK.. So to force carb via the liquid side I now assume I need to change the QD fittings?

If I am ordering spare parts is there really a difference between the "Gas" and "Liquid" post? They seem the exact same to the untrained eye..

Help please..
HB

Gas posts have a notch in the securing nut - Liquid posts are sans the notch.

Back