Nice Brewery Tour in Ohio!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irie5447

Reaction score
Well last night I went to have dinner with the wife and friends at the Great Lakes Brewing Co. in downtown Cleveland. I was told by the waitress they were giving free tours of the brewery every hour. I was so pumped, the tour was about an hour long and was pretty good. It included a sample of a small cup of beer of your choice.

The tour just totally made me realize how much I have learned about beer and brewing process from everyone on this forum. It was so amazing to see how they brew on such a large scale. They also have some really good beers and if your in the Cleveland area on Friday or Saturdays stop by and take the free tour.

Sweet! I have been there several times before and I love their beers. For my birthday the SWMBO and I are going to one of their Wednesdays night tours/tasting. Its pretty cheap and we get a nice a tour, tasting glass, and a tshirt. Its 2 hours long. I cant wait to see a commercial brewing operating

BTW...I just tried their Grassroots Ale and its great....

Yeah the Grassroots Ale was good had a pint of that, also tried their Wit called Wit-Till Next Year. The tour guide said it was supposed to be called Wit-Ness after Lebron but since the Cavs lost they changed it to Wit-Till Next Year. Also had an Elliot Ness, and a few Commodore Perry IPA's. Man I love their beers!

Fellow Clevelander here and I just wanted to chiime in to thank you for letting us know about the Wednesday night tours/tastings. Never heard of that before and now I'm gonna have to get down there to check it out. They're right there in the Flats right? West Bank? I would love to get down there just to get some further "inspiration" for future brews...

Fellow Clevelander here and I just wanted to chiime in to thank you for letting us know about the Wednesday night tours/tastings. Never heard of that before and now I'm gonna have to get down there to check it out. They're right there in the Flats right? West Bank? I would love to get down there just to get some further "inspiration" for future brews...

Its located in the "Ohio City" area of Cleveland near the West Side Market. I know that the Rock Bottom Brewery is on the West Bank of the flats.

+1 on booked in advance.

My birthday is in July and my wife called about a month ago to book our time and the earliest we could get is in early August. I would call soon if you want to b/c I think their website says they are doing some construction and wont be offering the tour/tasting for a few months near the end of the year

I've been here for 6 months, but haven't made it to a tour. Glad to hear about the Wed night tour though. It sounds a bit more in depth.

I'm particularly fond of the Wizenbock they have out right now.

Got a bottle of Glockenspiel and Grassroots over the weekend.
Didn't care for the Weizenbock, but then I havn't really like any other Hefeweizen, Dunkelweizen or Weizenbock I have tried. I really liked the Grassroots which is one I didn't think I would like. It is a light bodied blond beer with lots of spicy flavors, much like the best Saisons I have had. Really enjoyed that one.

Then best of all, went to Sasa in Shaker Square for Sushi and they had Blackout stout ON TAP!!! Could hardly believe my ears. Usually a place like that I feel lucky if they have Dortmunder. But to have an excellent Imperial stout on tap and at $4 a pint was a huge surprise.

Craig

I've been meaning to go up there and take a tour. I was just telling my buddy the other day that we were lucky to have an awesome brewery like Great Lakes in the area.

I haven't seen the Glockenspiel. I'm going to have to try that.

They usually have some stuff on tap at the brewpub that they don't sell to the public, too. Beer School is pretty fun. We just called to book it, and they are booked up until September.

Back