New Label Prototype

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ó Flannagáin

Reaction score
Still needs to be fine tuned, this is a first level prototype. Will need to work out alignments and colors a little better, need to put a better outline around the tree/arm. I'm going to texture leaves into the tree if I can ever figure out how to. I'm trying to beef up my illustrator skills, but my damn professors didn't teach us illustrator until our senior year. Morons. I will change the background color and the background image for each different beer. My IPA will be Ian Paisley Ale and have a picture of him with flames around him in the background... transparent and all like the stout glass is on this one. Anyway, please critique!

fb1.jpg

For some reason it reminds me of He-Man. Not that he ever came out of a tree or whatever, but still.

I think you're critiques are right on the money. Also, it might just be my ****ty laptop screen, but the stout head blends in a bit too much with the background. I'd sort of like to see it stand out a bit more. Like i said, it's probably my laptop though.

OK, shameless bump+

... seriously, no bites, so obviously there something off that I"m not seeing. Give me some honest opinions people... The basic elements are staying, tree, flaming sword, but they can change completely in how they look, their sizes/ratios.... Let's hear it, give me your worst!!

As a little bit of a photog I'll bite. About 3/4 of the space on the label is "wasted". How can you use more of the space for impact and less of the space for filler?

I am gonna download your image and chop on it a little, no offense, but I just finished a project and need to relax anyway.

Crap, now I got to put $20 in my PayPal...done, now I wait for the payment to go through...receipt dated 11-17-07...I know it is the holidays....{Jeapordy music}

OK, I am upgraded. This is very rough. the next thing I would do to make the tree "bigger" and the arm and sword "bigger" is disconnect them, this was the easy part:

attachment.php

Mebbe I can use a pencil and a camera later, I just did a dough in about 20 minutes ago.

fb1.jpg

Back