Sierra Nevada Torpedo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nymtber

Reaction score
I bought a mixed 6-pack today from a locally owned grocery store chain (Wegmans), they have their own "create your own" 6 pack for $9.99. I tried to mostly pick beers I want to try but was not sure I wanted to have a whole 6 pack of, and some that were normally $10 or more/6 anyway. One beer was Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA.

Now, I never used to be much of an IPA person, but lately my tastebuds have allowed super hopped beers past with much liking!

Torpedo is no different, It is very delicious. Nose gives to a piney citrus, with a bit of malt sweet smell. Taste is all citrus hops with a bit of pine, and a noticeable malt backbone (but obviously the hops take over). Very smooth drinking beer, I think it is neck and neck with SN Pale Ale that I love so much.

It is right up there with a local brew that I can't wait to be available in bottles: Naked Dove Brewing IPA.

I am sure there are tons of posts on this great beer from SN, but I had to make another. Darn good beer. Will likely buy a 6 or 12 pack of this. YUM!

Torpedo is pretty great stuff. Can't decide if it is my favorite SN product or not. The Pale is classic and I love Big Foot too

Torpedo is pretty great stuff. Can't decide if it is my favorite SN product or not. The Pale is classic and I love Big Foot too

Then I know what your favorite SN beer is: the Grand Cru, which combines all three. One of my all-time favorites. However, it was a 30-year anniversary offering and may be hard to find for a while (or ever).

Then I know what your favorite SN beer is: the Grand Cru, which combines all three. One of my all-time favorites. However, it was a 30-year anniversary offering and may be hard to find for a while (or ever).

this must be the beer they serve in heaven (or at least my version of it). I've never heard of it:fro:

Back