Shank with Nipple on Both Ends?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

permo

Reaction score
Hi All, I am looking to use a freezer with temp controller to store four kegs in my utility room and then have the beer served/dispensed in another room.....taps coming out of the wall etc..etc..

I am thinking that it would be very handy to have a shank with a nipple on each end to run the beer lines through the keezer.

liquid line in freezer connects from keg to nipple inside the keezer, liquid line from keezer to tap/shank/nipple connects to nipple on outside of freezer.

Am i overthinking this?

Don't think I've ever seen a shank with a nipple on both ends. They do have straight shanks with no nipples that are referred to as a bulkhead and used for exactly what you want to do. You then use a tail piece (nipple) and beer nut on each end.

I use these 1/4" MFL-MFL bulkhead fittings to plumb CO2 through the back walls on my two beer fridges:
mflbulkhead.jpg

These are available in 2, 3, 3.5 and 4" lengths. You buy the one that has the "working length" that matches up with your fridge wall thickness.

I've never used them for beer...

Cheers!

Back