Dumb Noob Questions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrybomb

Reaction score
The Basic Plan: Make homemade soda (looking for recipees), store in Cornie kegs (force carbonate), run soda lines to one of my bar taps. drink and enjoy.

Something the kids can drink with real sugar not corn syrup, little or no preservatives, etc. Even something like a flavored selzer could be fine. Orange, cherry etc.

The dumb questions:
1. any issues with or things I need to consider with running soda thru your standard brass beer pull tap?
2. kegs are planned to be in a fridge about 10-12 ft away from taps (line not really cooled). I can probably drain a 'little' soda (drain/plumbing is there) for a first pull if required, but otherwise is this a deal breaker (do I need refrigerated lines or kegs mounted closer)?
3. I know I will need to figure out tubing length and C02 pressure etc. What do you guys run? How do I know what I need to run?
4. How long does 'premixed' Soda keep in a system like this? was figuring it would be fine in the keg, but what about if not drawn for a while in the lines?
5. Any special cleaning/sanitation issues I need to be concerned with?

I don't know If I'm making a big deal out of an easy task (was thinking it should be easy) or if I'm asking for a headache that will never work 'well', but if I don't sound crazy, I'm also gonna need some RECIPEES!!

PS. I was thinking of something that would taste homemade for me like a vanilla cream soda and or something wild for the kids like strawberry soda.

Thanks in advance :mug:

sounds fine to me - I've kegged ginger ale in a similar way before, with no probs. 10 to 12 feet of line will probably end up being about 4 oz of warm liquid though.

As far as a recipe, if you're a ginger fan, I've come up with a pretty good ginger ale recipe (that I like anyway). It's similar to Reed's, nice ginger heat and excellent flavor.

Back