How do they get those suckers so shiny?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

God Emporer BillyBrew

Reaction score
I use a really fine steel wool (fine as you can get) and some rubbing compound.

:off: you can use this same steel wool on your car windows and window cleaner and get them windows nice and streak free. Old trick from the car detailing world. As long as they're not tinted :cross:

Got a bench grinder? You can get a buffing wheel pretty cheap at a good auto parts store. Put a little polishing compound on the wheel, run your cornies back and forth a few times and you'll have'em shined up real nice.

I have to admit that I've never done this with kegs as I'm not at that level yet, but I installed an exposed-pipe shower in my house with SS pipes that were the exact opposite of polished (whatever that is) when I bought them. A few minutes at the bench grinder had them looking good.

AHU

I just got 5 and they were dirty with sticky stuff all over them. while soaking the insides in PBW I scrubbed and let sit the outsides with Bon Ami (same as bar keepers basically) and a scotchbright pad. a vicious scrubbing all around the keg as well as around the lid opening and posts. 2-3 times over an hour everything came off and squeaky clean and shiney!

only needs done once then with normal washing your good do go till the end of time.

Back