90 min clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danorocks17

Reaction score
Yesterday I decided to transfer my 90 min clone from primary to secondary. It had been in the primary for about 4 weeks and I dry hopped the first 5-6 days, so I was excited to see how it was coming along. I always secondary my beers so when I take a sample for a hydro reading I usually just drink it instead of putting it back in the fermenter. Usually I can get a decent idea of how a beer will turn out with this sample but of course it isn't as flavorful or mature. I mainly use it as a way to check for contamination.

But this sample was.....wow! I could have drank it as is right away. It had such a great flavor. lots of hop and bitterness, but at the same time a very malty, sweet backbone, just like i would have expected from a DFH beer.

Needless to say i'm am super stoked about how welll this beer is going to come out once it's all said and done. I plan on letting this one sit a while before cracking into it.:mug:

actually it's the recipe from Brew Your Own. I'll try to post it later though, they dont really go into dry hopping schedule, so I did my own thing there

Back