orange honey wheat!!!!!???????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badbeer

Reaction score
Hello, I am going to make an orange honey wheat for my next batch and was wondering when to add the honey( and what type) when to add the orange( and what type) I was thinking of using 6.6 lbs of wheat lme and 1 lb of orange blossom honey after I steep 1lb of honey malt in the beginning for 30 minutes. I could use sweet orange peel about 1/2 oz at flame out. In also thought of using 1oz amarillo hops at 15minutes for aroma! any suggestions would be greatly welcomed!! I was also thinking of using 1 cup of the OBhoney for botteling!!!!!

I made this recipe: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/bs-honey-wheat-21227/

I used watermelon juice, for a watermelon wheat, but it could be used for an orange/honey beer as well.

For an extract batch, you'd just use 4 pounds of wheat DME for the wheat malt and the two-row and keep the rest of the recipe the same. If you don't have glacier hops, other hops like liberty, hallertauer, sterling, or crystal could be used.

I wouldn't add whole oranges. For citruses in general, you want to use the zest only - that's the colored (orange) part of the peel. Some add it directly to their beer, I prefer to soak it in vodka for a couple of days first. I'd use the zest of two or three oranges for 5-7 days before bottling (add after fermentation is complete).

Back