Recipe websites that take your ingredients

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryno1ryno

Reaction score
Are there any recipe websites that take the ingredients you have available and then conjurs up potential recipes based on them?

Sounds like a job for google.

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?q=excess+amounts+of+williamette+hops&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a#hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=8sc&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&sclient=psy-ab&q=recipe+excess+amounts+of+willamette+hops&oq=recipe+excess+amounts+of+willamette+hops"].[/ame]

I am tired of brewing amber ales as I have 7 more gallons bottled along with a 2 .5 gallon batch being drank.

I just brewed a San Francisco Common with Carapils and Hallertau.

This is what I have available:

26.5 lbs of Pilsen LME
1 lb of 120L Crystal
1 lb of Chocolate grain
14 ozs of CaraPils

4 ozs of Kent Goldings
0.75 ozs of Halleatue (spelling sorry)

And some dry yeast.

Any ideas for this? Again I am tired of sweet amber ales... I am willing to add to this if I am one hop or specialty grain off of creating a unique brew.

Thanks.

I am tired of brewing amber ales as I have 7 more gallons bottled along with a 2 .5 gallon batch being drank.

I just brewed a San Francisco Common with Carapils and Hallertau.

This is what I have available:

26.5 lbs of Pilsen LME
1 lb of 120L Crystal
1 lb of Chocolate grain
14 ozs of CaraPils

4 ozs of Kent Goldings
0.75 ozs of Halleatue (spelling sorry)

And some dry yeast.

Any ideas for this? Again I am tired of sweet amber ales... I am willing to add to this if I am one hop or specialty grain off of creating a unique brew.

Thanks.

Dont think you are gonna find one.

Get some software like Beer Smith a good book about brewing like Designing Great Beers. Then do some reading and make up your own recipe and give it your name. I find that more fun then a kit or using some other persons recipies. :mug:

Check the different brews I have made in my signature below. Can't imagine drinking 7 gallons of the same beer. I make all small 1.75 gallon batches so I have a big choice as what to drink.

Yea I know, why 3 IPA's in a row? I'm trying to see the difference between Munich and Pilsner malts. Remember I'll get at the most 18 bottles from each brew.

Enjoy your hobby. :rockin:

Not 100% on this, but I think the app "iBrewMaster" does this... but only with the recipes it has stored. I'm pretty sure it comes with 40ish recipes in it. Just a thought.

iBrewMaster will tell you if you have all the ingredient for a recipe if you keep the inventory updated. Items will turn red, yellow, or green based on if you have none, some, or all the ingredients for a recipe.

It's the best $10 I've spent in this hobby so far.

Back