Coors Light Revelation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellynm

Reaction score
It finally happened... I was drinking my Brewers Best IPA, then opened a Sierra Nevado Torpedo, then was feeling a little frisky... was out of good beer and opened my go to beer for easy drinkin and consistent reliability... Coors Light. I opened it, poured it into a nice pint glass... and looked at it. Clear, clean... check. Carbonation.... almost not present. Head... very little. Taste... bland. Oh no... what has happened? My trusted beer since I was 14 has... has.... failed! I sit here drinking it and with every taste, my hope for it drops. I believe it has finally happened... after 25 years... this beer won't work for me any longer!

FYI... my IPA isn't officially ready until Dec. 10... but damn, it tastes great! :fro:

There are 2 types of beer. Ones that taste good and the other is an alcohol delivery system. The ADS is not supposed to taste like anything.

Forrest

I'm with you. I was a big Miller Lite drinker for 20 years. Not because of flavor, but because I could consume a lot of them. Now it's all over because I cannot stand the flavor any longer. Since moving to Wisconsin about 15 months ago, I only drink beers from smaller breweries, with flavor, and have to bring it back to Michigan when I visit my friends because they usually only have BMC on hand.

There are 2 types of beer. Ones that taste good and the other is an alcohol delivery system. The ADS is not supposed to taste like anything.

Forrest

Well your Miller Lite clone on your website is the best of both worlds. I always keep a batch in one of my kegs. It is actually a crisp, clean beer and probably my favorite one to make. If you guys are looking at an "easy drinker", I'd highly recommend that kit.

Half a shot of whiskey or scotch in a BMC (or, as Forrest says, ADS) makes you almost think it could be a cask-aged lager, maybe? If not, you're a bit drunker so less sad, hopefully. ;)

Back