Vanilla addition to a Nut Brown

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korben

Reaction score
Well I have made a nice nut brown well it looks nice... I am about at my bottling date maybe one more week in primary then hopefully crash cooling.. If i can find a college fridge to convert quickly. This was my extract kit.. Nut Brown I was thinking about adding Vanilla to my bottling bucket along with my priming sugar. Would this be a good idea? Also, what type of vanilla? I was thinking extract, but I would love to do "real" vanilla but would that be possible since it is like a gooey powder out of the pod, maybe dissolve it in some vodka? Any input is welcome thanks...

If you can get actual Vanilla Beans, Soak them in Vodka over nite and then just throw the whole beans in the secondary and let it sit a week or two, have a taste.
I've not done it personally but have read plenty of threads about people using whole beans for best results. Just do a search for Vanilla Beans

Here's a thread with a few good options and personal experiences. Personal to the people who posted not me.

Latest posts

Back