Anyone else from the Central VA/Fredericksburg Area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devaspawn

Reaction score
Just curious if there is anybody else in the Central VA area that brews. Sorta want see if there's anyone around that I talk beer with and if they know the area well enough to help with options of LHBS'. My beer buddy knows a lot about brewing but only moved down here a couple of years ago so it's pretty much the two of us. It would be nice to get together with other brewers on occasion. Mods feel free to put this in the forum it belongs as couldn't think of a better place to put it.

Thanks,

:tank:

Not really in Frednecksburg, but Central Veeyay nonetheless. Not sure if you guys have a LHBS up there or not. The closest one to us is south of Richmond, but rumor has it we'll be getting one 3 minutes from my house in April.

I'd be up for a Central Veeyay Brewday!

While I don't live in VA, my parents are in Ladysmith and I regularly travel to Richmond for work (Glen Allen to be exact). Normally drop by Capital Ale House for a few pints before going to the office... makes the trip worth it. Prices are a bit high but the beer selection is second to none!

I might be looking to host up a BBQ/home brew get together at my place near Lake Anna sometime soon. Deva's got a better location, with the tiki bar and firepit, but he's a tad further in King George.

Yeah, Hagen and I have to work that out for the brew get together. Either way we want to do one or more.

Evan, Weekend Brewer has to be who you are talking about, right? What's this new place you speak of?!!! I must know!!!

devaspawn said:
Yeah, Hagen and I have to work that out for the brew get together. Either way we want to do one or more.

Evan, Weekend Brewer has to be who you are talking about, right? What's this new place you speak of?!!! I must know!!!

Yeah, WB is what I was referring to. The new place is supposedly called The Fermentation Trap. We'll see what pans out, but it's supposed to open in April.

Evan! said:
Yeah, WB is what I was referring to. The new place is supposedly called The Fermentation Trap. We'll see what pans out, but it's supposed to open in April.

They have a website under construction and the Yellowpages.com have them listed. I called the number listed and it was a guy named Randy. I sent them an email (also given by the Yellowpages.com) trying to get his address and his date of Grand Opening.

I was born (MWH) and raised in Fredericksburg. Graduated from Chancellor in 2000. Small world.

I've been in Nashville since 2000, though. Sorry to say, I don't regret my move :)

Well, I wish there were more of us currently in Fredericksburg.

Evan, I got an email from that guy in Charlottesville yesterday. He said he and his partner are gonna be open Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday (I think) in the evening and something like 10-6 on Saturday and Sunday. They both work 7am to 3pm during the week so that's the reason for the limited schedule during the week. I asked him to send me the address and I will post it as soon as I get it.

All brewers in central Virginia you will be happy to here that there is going to be a new place to buy brewing supplies in Fredericksburg. Starting sometime in June 2010 The Natural Path at 4413 Lafayette Blvd is going to have a room of brewing supplies. We will have 8 to 10 bulk malts with a real grain mill as well as most other brewing supplies. If anyone has any suggestions on what we need to stock they can look at our wholesale dealer at this link http://crosby-baker.com/index.php/home/internal/?SID=5613e4ecff77d1e02a51798f7c7ca812
send an email to [email protected] if you have a product you would like us to carry.

I'm in Harrisonburg and come back to my parents' place in Culpeper every now and then to brew as well. Also around the Cville area a couple times a week brewing at Starr Hill.

The brewing supplies section at The Natural Path will be open for business Saturday June 5th at 10:00 am. We are still working on a few things before our grand opening later this month , but feel free to come buy at 4413 Lafayette Blvd. Fredericksburg Va 22408.

(540)891-6200

Latest posts

Back