Apple juice brands

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socalhomebrewer

Reaction score
Wanted to see if anyone has recommendations for apple juices to use for a good tasting cider. I have used Kirkland (Costco) for my first batch, and have seen Santa Cruz organic apple juice at my local grocery store. It's super cloudy, but I would think that it should be cloudy if it was fresh and unfiltered. Has anyone had any experience with Santa Cruz brand? And does anyone have good experiences with other apple juice brands?

Wanted to see if anyone has recommendations for apple juices to use for a good tasting cider. I have used Kirkland (Costco) for my first batch, and have seen Santa Cruz organic apple juice at my local grocery store. It's super cloudy, but I would think that it should be cloudy if it was fresh and unfiltered. Has anyone had any experience with Santa Cruz brand? And does anyone have good experiences with other apple juice brands?

There's one thing you have to watch out for. If you use pasteurized juice that's cloudy, there's the possibility that the cloudiness is from the pasteurization and NOT the lack of filtering. This in turn would require that you use pectic enzymes to get rid of the haze.

I ran into this with the Wal-mart brand of juice called Musselman's.

MC

Back