Brew enhancer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seedybrewer

Reaction score
Hi this is my second lot, and Im probably gonna sound like a massive rookie but I bought the coopers brew enhancer 2 from the store, do I need the dextrose packet to use in conjunction or does the enhancer go in by itself?

If you got a 5oz bag of dextrose,that's for priming the fermented beer going into bottles. The BE2 is a mix of dextrose,maltodextrin,& light DME. That gets mixed up with the extract malt.

From their website;

"Brew Enhancer 2 (1kg) improves the flavour, body, mouthfeel and head retention of your favourite brew. Coopers Brew Enhancer 2 contains dextrose, maltodextrin and Light Dry Malt. The dextrose will ferment out completely with no residual cidery flavours whilst the maltodextrin does not ferment thus improving the body, mouthfeel and head retention. The Light Dry Malt, being 100% pale malt, will further add to the body and increase the malt character of your favourite brew. Great for use with any beer styles where a fuller, maltier flavour is preferred."

The whole package is added to your wort. I've used it in a couple of their ales and in my opinion it does improve the final product

bosco

Boil the BE2 with maybe 2 or 3 litres if water for about 15 minutes to sanitise it. Put you can in some warm water to make it more viscous. Then open the can and mix it in. After that just tip it into your fermenter and top it up with as much water as you need. Easy.

Back