Fellow Brewers in the Texas Panhandle????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People actually live up there... on purpose?

Seriously, we visit Tulia ever so often because my wife has family there (and in Happy and all over that God-forsaken place) but I try to make those trips as short as possible. ;)

If you're ever down in Aggieland, let me know and stop by for a homebrew.

I'm from Muleshoe originally, but live in Galveston for medical school. Just one more year! Not a brewer, yet. Still in the research and convincing-the-SWMBO phase. Can't wait to buy some equipment and get started, though! I need to find something cheap to get started, then I think SWMBO will be thoroughly convinced after she tastes some of the delicious nectar!

I spent the first 7 years of my life in Amarillo. I still remember dad driving us to the shelter of highway overpasses during tornados. I remember my first chore ever...? Tearing out the tumble weeds that gathered against our garage wall/vegetable garden after a dust storm.

I also remember ...at a tender age fo 6 1/2....the taste of BBQ at a place called "Underwoods". Man, I can still taste those baked beans and have not experienced them since.

I live in Central Texas. Would like to get a event organized for all us Texans but not sure if there is any interest?

BierMuncher said:
I also remember ...at a tender age fo 6 1/2....the taste of BBQ at a place called "Underwoods". Man, I can still taste those baked beans and have not experienced them since.

I just moved back to Lubbock from Amarillo....and never saw such a place. I have however been the Underwood's in Brownwood, Tx (delicious!)

Otis, thanks for all of your help and suggestions so far on my Bock recipe (MattC On Ale-ian site)! Where are you located anyway?

I'm Located in Wheeler Tx.
Way on the eastern side of the panhandle.
The only person I know in Amarillo that Brews right now is 2ndStage, and I don't think he's been on the Ale-ian site since it was redone.

TXbrew, I would love to have a Texas get together.

Yeah, A Get together sounds great. Austin is prolly the most central area.

Anytime someone around Dallas wants to grab a beer or brew, I'm up for it.

This is a good Idea why did it just stop? Texas is big but with Southwest airlines if you plan ahead you can get close to most places in Texas pretty cheap! Also because Texas is so big there should be many homebrewers. You should keep this idea going! We could just do the brewery tour thing we have St Arnolds & Shiner close me in Houston. But I would love to get out of this humid place so you guys come up with a place and a date!

Spent 5 years in Lubbock... that's enough for any man. I'd be interested in a hoedown... or hootenanny... whichever is most appropriate. I'm in Dallas, but often in Austin.

You should all send in some of your beers to the Cactus Challenge! And better still, come attend and have some fun...help judge some beer....or just drink some! Should be a good time for all, and the hotel rates we've lined out are VERY affordable!

I'd be interested in a TX get together if it was in Central TX somewhere.

- magno

Well, anyone in the DFW area that is up for it, Wife is brewing Sunday. Prolly rake some meat across the grill. We are in Carrollton.

Back