Final phase of my new setup all assembled, u jelly?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
H2t6l.jpg

Suh-weeeeet.

I received my MoreBeer conical two weeks ago and already thinking about getting it a sibling, but three? Nice.

These are all blichmann (I probably put one of john blichmann's kids through college by now). I've never seen one of the morebeer ones in person but I'd be interested to see how it compares. Is the the tank seamless? I like morebeers head/cold controlled unit but for the price I think I can probably convert one of my blichmanns (if I ever decide to lager)

Soooooooo jelly! I may come at you, bro!

Also, super-extra props to phenry for the raisin guy.

Are those jacketed? If not, is the whole room temp controlled? The only thing that screams warm ferment temps more than an uncontrolled conical is three of them sitting shoulder-to-shoulder.

If you ever feel like upgrading and throwing those away. I will take them off your hands. In other words, I'm jealous

Are those jacketed? If not, is the whole room temp controlled? The only thing that screams warm ferment temps more than an uncontrolled conical is three of them sitting shoulder-to-shoulder.

Apartment is set to 65 degrees and very stable. have thermometers on each. I would be shocked, *shocked* if one vigorous fermentation produced enough heat to cause a problem in and adjacent fermenter.

I can't tell by the picture but they look like they're sitting on a counter? Are those the 7 gallon ones, or am I not seeing the picture right? I was thinking about getting a conical but I want to get something that can hold about 10 gallons and can be placed in a lagering freezer. I saw that you have airlocks instead of blowoff tubes, does the krausen not get too high in them? Do the tri-clamps work pretty well? Congrats on the babies! :p

I can't tell by the picture but they look like they're sitting on a counter? Are those the 7 gallon ones, or am I not seeing the picture right? I was thinking about getting a conical but I want to get something that can hold about 10 gallons and can be placed in a lagering freezer. I saw that you have airlocks instead of blowoff tubes, does the krausen not get too high in them? Do the tri-clamps work pretty well? Congrats on the babies! :p

yes they are 7 gallons each and sitting on my kitchen counter. Its nice that these look cool because I don't have much closet space for fermenters.

I have two blow-off tube assembly kits standing by. actually the middle fermenter had a blow-off attached for the first week and now its got an airlock. I don't need to remove the lid or anything to switch between the two. I typically put 5.5 - 6 gallons in there at a time so there is a good amount of room for krausen and haven't really required the blow-off tube yet. There is also a pressure release valve at the top that pops at 4psi for safety.

The tri-clamps are friggin awesome, definitely recommend for anyone going blichmann. I can disassemble, clean and reassemble the entire unit in about 10-15 minutes.

These are all blichmann (I probably put one of john blichmann's kids through college by now). I've never seen one of the morebeer ones in person but I'd be interested to see how it compares. Is the the tank seamless? I like morebeers head/cold controlled unit but for the price I think I can probably convert one of my blichmanns (if I ever decide to lager)

I think it's seamless, but not sure how to check. The fit/finish is outstanding. I agree that the temp controlled units are too pricey. I am planning on getting a glass door fridge at some point for better temp control. My basement is good for at least 9 months out of the year.

Back