Flat Black and Tan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pommy

Reaction score
Ive got a poor quality, high alcohol draught (coopers + lots of white sugar) So, me and the mrs are struggling through it, its not too bad considering but not great. Anyway we have been talking about the stout that we've got going now (about to bottle tomorrow) and I had the thought of mixing a bit of the wort with the draught to make a black and tan. Would it work with it not been carbonated yet? Will it mix together or will it not mix well? Should I just try it to see what happens in case I start a new craze? :D

Don't bastardize your stout like that. Stout's typically come out farging delicious. IF you wanted to make a black and tan, do it after the stout is properly conditioned.

If you can't keep your curiosity to please do it for a 6er and leave the rest alone :) You'll be glad you did.

Agreed...

If you don't like it..don't try to fix it by diluting it with something that's good. Just set it aside for desperate times. Make a good batch to make your black and tans with.

I made the right decision and left the stout alone and Im glad of it this morning. The stout is to be enjoyed, the strong cheap stuff to lighten my mood :drunk: I hate black and tan anyway :lol:

Latest posts

Back