Metro Detroit Meetup/Brewery Tour 1/31/10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeH

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a metro Detroit meetup?

I have a friend at Liberty Street Brewing Company in Plymouth who has agreed to give HBTers a tour. It's also a nice space so I figured we could do a tour and then get to know local HBTers. I've tentatively scheduled it for Sunday, Jan 31st at 1:00pm. Please post a note here if you're going to try to make it.

Sounds fun George. I'm not familiar with Liberty Street. I'll check the link out for sure. I'll let you know when it gets a bit closer to the date.

Edit: I've checked the link. Porter is my wifes favorite style. Tart cherry Porter sounds delicious. I may have to go there before the 31st.

I think we've got 3-4 here, I've heard a couple "maybes" in PMs and I've got a friend who's a lurker who'll be coming. It's still on, we'll see if we get more late confirmations.

Feel free to PM members from the area to bug them to come :)

FYI, if anyone wants some brewery fresh yeast bring a sanitized container with you. I checked with the brewer and he's happy to send you home with some. It sounds like it's Mauribrew ale yeast, which I haven't heard much about.

Confirming that I'll be there for sure with the Mrs (it's cool, she likes beer).
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Good point... I'm new here and I don't know the secret handshake...
Would making HBT name tags be too lame?
I've got a photo of me in my profile though. I'm kinda hard to miss...

Surprisingly, I don't look like my avatar picture.

I don't think the place will be too busy at 1:00 pm on a Sunday, but I'll let the staff know who we are and where to find us. I'll see what I can do about a sign. I'll try to grab a table upstairs if it's open, otherwise I'll just yell at people who walk in and look confused :drunk:

I'll be there as well. I'm trying to convince some of my friends to come along. They've all talked about brewing but have never done so. Maybe this will convince them. See ya Sunday, just look for the 6' 1" 350lb guy with salt and pepper hair! :D

Yup. We'll plan on people getting there around 1:00pm and do the tour shortly after that, and then hang out and drink for a bit after the tour. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

I will probably be 10 min late, got stuck a bit later than I expected at work. See you later

There it is: our tour through the Liberty Street Brewing Company in Plymouth, MI: http://www.libertystreetbrewingcompany.com/
_wsb_660x494_DSC07756.JPG

Fermentors
f055j.jpg

Hot Liquor Tun, (boil kettle on the right)
avsrvc.jpg
\

Mash Tun, Boil Kettle on the left
2ajdkpy.jpg

False bottom in the Mash Tun
yjvc1.jpg

Pump (me likee!) :)
hupx5t.jpg

Aging and stuff...
2vaob9s.jpg

A homebrewer discussing things with a mikrobrewer... :D
xngn69.jpg

George,

Kris and I had a great time. Thanks for putting this together. It was really good meeting everyone and sharing some quality brew. I look forward to meeting up again! We'll have to do a Plymouth area tasting or something.

Cheers!
-B

I had a great time too, thanks to everyone who came out! Thanks for the pics Scooby_Brew!

A good time was had by all. Great to meet everyone, and again big thanks to George for the organization.

Back