1st A.G. Great start!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seawolf

Reaction score
I got through my first all grain with no hiccups, no problems, and 75% efficiency! It was so smooth, and I felt like I had all the right tools for the job. What a difference that makes!

I tried out a Fat Tire clone tonight in my new brew pot. I can't wait to tackle my next A.G. adventure. I'm gonna start hitting the Belgian beers really hard. I want to make something like Orval and a trippel similar to Petrus. Those are some wonderful beers.

Congrats on the jump to all grain, very nice efficiency for a first try! Be careful it's very addicting, I Just bought a grain mill and a keggle.

farmbrewernw said:
Congrats on the jump to all grain, very nice efficiency for a first try! Be careful it's very addicting, I Just bought a grain mill and a keggle.

You weren't kidding about the addiction. I did my 2nd A.G. batch today. I would probably start another batch tomorrow if I had somewhere to put it. I only have two primary fermentors. Next on deck, and Dunkel Weizen (dark), and I really want to brew a Tripel or something along those lines.

I'm trying to brew a nice variety so that I'll no longer depend on the beer store! I guess that's the common goal in here though!

I hear ya, the Belgian brews are very tasty! You will like brewing a big ag batch, regardless of the origin! Congrats and keep it up; you won't be disappointed.

A grain mill would only be beneficial if you were using 50lb bags of malt right? I suppose it would save a few minutes at the LHBS, but they have no problem crushing my grains. I'm just asking because I guess for my small operation, where I'm trying new recipes, I don't really see the need for a mill. Is that something that would be more useful if repeating a recipe and digging into that 50lb bag?

Back