Does anyone have a spent grain bread recipe? That is with 70-75% spent grains...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elysium

Reaction score
I am wondering if someone has a spent grain recipe for bread that contains very high amount of spent grains and can be done without a bread machine. I have a hand-mixer that can knead.

There is this recipe here on the forum: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f56/spent-grain-bread-399094/
But it seems to be a not really good recipe......the poster talks about adding several cups of flour as part of the instructions, but only mentions 1 cup of flour at the beginning when lists the ingredients. Confusing.

3/4's spent grain flour won't work very well. It's dry & quite heavy. You need regular wheat flour to cut it with so it's not so heavy it won't rise.

no recipe handy however.... Made this today....

image-2326643694.jpg

This time I had used a little wort as the liquid. Mixed the spent grains with bobs red mill 12 grain cereal and maybe two cups of flour and let sit overnight....

I then mixed a few cups of that with some oil, an egg, salt, and some water and added flour to get a silky dough and let it rise...

Does that help?

I then mixed a few cups of that with some oil, an egg, salt, and some water and added flour to get a silky dough and let it rise...

Does that help?

Yes :) It does. :D Thanks a lot. Look awesome.

Back