pics of brew that was in secondary for 3+ months

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

defenestrate

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
hey guys, just thought i would share some pics of my brew that sat in my secondary for over 3 months. this was only after 1 week of carbing up, and they were about 90% done i would say. it was a 7 grain heritage ale, mash/extract....and it tasted delicious :mug: anyone worried about yeast being dormant or whatever after such a long time, worry no more! ask anyway if any questions come to mind ;)

0923081644_1.jpg

Seven Bridges is pretty cool, that's my LHBS, although it's still about 45 miles away. It's actually kind of pricey compared to places like morebeer.com. Which kit is that?

Seven Bridges is pretty cool, that's my LHBS, although it's still about 45 miles away. It's actually kind of pricey compared to places like morebeer.com. Which kit is that?

its the 7 grain heritage ale. Organic 7 Grain Heritage Ale Mash-Extract - OBK18A.

yeah its a little pricey, especially shipping it across the country to NJ :(. im into the "all natural/organic" thing. i have one more batch from them to bottle (pre-prohibition lager) before i go all grain next week!

I plan on going all-grain as well. I have one kit left from them also; the 7 bridges red ale. I have their Brittish Bitter in my secondary right now. Are you going to do batch sparging, or fly sparging?

sounds good. I did a brew from there about two years ago.
god knows how good it would look if you let it sit for 2 years :cross:

I plan on going all-grain as well. I have one kit left from them also; the 7 bridges red ale. I have their Brittish Bitter in my secondary right now. Are you going to do batch sparging, or fly sparging?

i'll be bottling my pre-prohibition lager within the next few days. well actually, i was thinking about doing the BIAB. seems like the simpliest way to make the jump. i just got my keg today to begin my keggle conversion, i'll be getting the parts next week. but the more i read i may want to go all the way with the all grain, which in that case i would go batch sparging in the beginning... but eventually go to fly.

Back