Non-Alcoholic Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishinsmitty

Reaction score
My wife just started a medication that she cannot drink alcohol with, but she likes homebrew. Are there any non-alcoholic recipes?

To make any beer non-alcoholic, you just put it in the oven after fermentation at about 175 degrees and boil for 25-30 minutes to burn the alcohol off, then bottle it..........

dstranger99 said:
To make any beer non-alcoholic, you just put it in the oven after fermentation at about 175 degrees and boil for 25-30 minutes to burn the alcohol off, then bottle it..........

If you bottle it will produce some alcohol when you prime and naturally carb, kegging and force carbing are a safer bet or not?

Every n/a beer contains a percentage of alcohol even the ones you can buy at the gas station have .07ish%

I don't have CO2 equipment so I was planning on adding yeast and sugar to carbonate. But I am not sure how much yeast to use. Any suggestions?

The article I read said it would bring it up to .5% but that will work for me.

I don't have CO2 equipment so I was planning on adding yeast and sugar to carbonate. But I am not sure how much yeast to use. Any suggestions?

The article I read said it would bring it up to .5% but that will work for me.
I had the same question, it's been 7 years since he asked, how much yeast for priming after baking? Thanks. :)

Back