Electric boil kettle instructions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastmetal

Reaction score
Maybe I am a moron (or just a little drunk) but I have searched for some step by step plans for an electric boil kettle. I would like to have a 220 set up but I don't even know where to start. Can someone give me a link to at least point me in the right direction?

that's the place to start for sure.. I just finished building my system and that was my primary source of info other than HBT.

The electric brewery is the place to FINISH.

Pointing someone to Kal's system when they ask about an electric boil kettle is like pointing someone to a harley shop when they ask about a moped.

It's a one stop shop.. he covers everything on there.
But yeah, I think my initial idea was something simple after seeing an old "thePol" thread. Then I got a hold of theelectricbrewery and all my money disappeared - not sure where it went but my brewery is pretty sweet.

Does he show a simple pulse width modulator driving an SSR driving an element (the cheapest solution for an electric boil kettle)?

:D

actually, that is the cheapest controllable electric boil kettle. You can also just stick a 3000W element in the side of a kettle and plug the sucker in. Less than $40.

Pointing someone to Kal's system when they ask about an electric boil kettle is like pointing someone to a harley shop when they ask about a moped.

Agreed, i'm in the same boat and it is way to over the top for what I want to do. (that's not a bad thing, just looking for simpler dummy proof info).

Back