Comments about my porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hinke

Reaction score
I made porter 2 weeks ago, and it is already carbonated. Well, I am not a big fan of porters, so I had a friend taste it. He said it tasted watery which means it does not have much of a body.

Since it's such a young beer, will this improve?

If it does not improve, how can I get more body in this beer next time I brew it?

First recommendation, make beer that YOU enjoy. The reward is that much more sweet.

Second, the above posts are certainly good places to start, but you might do better by posting your whole recipe including starting and finishing gravities, etc. If you had poor efficiency resulting in a lower-than expected OG, then you will likely end up a lower-flavored (watery) beer if your recipe did not account for the low FG with specialty malts.

Also, if you brewed a beer two weeks ago it is way too soon to be forming opinions about it. Is it even bottled?

Hope your next batch goes better!

Thanks for all the advice. 2 weeks is young I know. I am going to let it sit in my kegerator for a few weeks and taste it then. I will do the same with my IPA (With my IPA I am just worried the aroma will drop off)

I did a porter because I would like to like other beer styles :)

It's kegged.

Back