Low Pressure 60,000 BTUs Propane Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert_Sky

Since 1998
Reaction score
Morebeer is going to be out of stock until Feb or even March. Anyone know where I can get these? Maybe somewhere other than a homebrew site.....might be a bit cheaper.

phpThumb.php

Bobby_M said:
You could go with the 23 tip one from the online wok places $20 ish each and then plug up some of the jets like I did.

dude.... you rock!

*edit

got a link?

yep I can find the NG ones all over but no propane ones. damn internet

know of a place to buy just the jets? for 16.50 Ill just replace them all and use the screws for the ones I dont need

I'd just call and order over the phone. I've heard they're a good company and it was the site I was trying to think of. You're looking at the 20 tip 8" ring for $26 each right?

went ahead and ordered 3 and they are delivering COD. didnt think that existed anymore.

edit

23 tip 9" at $21.35 ea

You rock for finding a source!!! I was wondering where to find these. I got mine from a REALLY crappy company that I think went out of business. I may need to switch to propane, and this will be a big help! Sweet!!!

gyrfalcon said:
Can you buy new tips to convert a LP burner to NG or vice versa then? From the grilling FAQ's I've read they don't mess with the burners jets in a LP to NG conversion, but just modify the inlet orifice: http://www.komar.org/bbq/mm/convert/orifices/

No, these ring buners don't have a single inlet orifice, each tip has one. So you can go from LP to NG by drilling each one out slightly but you can't go in reverse unless you solder/braze the holes shut, then redrill. Frankly for $25, I'd rather buy new ones.

Since I've plugged many jets on mine and have a bunch left over, I was thinking of making up my own small square burner out of a few nipples, elbows and an M8 pipe tap. I could make it any size I wanted with as few jets as I wanted.

I'm mostly concerned with the direct fired MLT. I want power for heating strike water but a low flame for warming the mash. I might use two burners on separate controls, using only 4 jets for the warming function.

total price for 3 burners with 3 pilot fixtures shipped was 102.60. Thats a total savings of more than 135 bucks if I would have ordered from B3. Plus I would of had to wait a month

I am beginning to design my first real brew rig and am thinking of using these burners. Have they held up well to those that have used them? They are intended for low pressure propane correct? (Not portable tanks) How do the pilot burners work? They look like they thread into something, but what? i am thinking about putting heat control on my MLT and use an ASCO valve with pilot and am wondering if using one of these would be the way to go. Thanks for the help!

Bobby - did you end up making your own burner for your MLT with spare heads? How'd it work if so?

All the questions about the LP use is outside of my knowledge base. I use em on natural gas.

I haven't made any burners with the extra tips but I did recently purchase the tap to do so.

Chimone - Are your burners used with High or Low pressure LP? I live in the country and have a large low pressure tank that i would rather tap into than filling small tanks but am also looking for a good deal on a couple burners. for those that use a low heat burner on MLT would something like this be acceptable and then two larger burners for the HLT and BK?

Has anybody used this on there stand? And if so, anybody used the pilot system? How did you mount it? How about the boil time? Still trying to decide on a burner..(LP-Gas)

Back