Canned samuel adams

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm seeing a lot of pics of the new Samuel Adams Boston lager cans. I'm a big fan of Sam Adams was wondering if anyone has tried it in a can and what there thoughts were? They haven't released where I live so I'm just curious ?

They aren't scrapping bottles, the cans make it so you can bring their beer places that don't allow bottles or would be easier to do so cans. Stadiums, parks, beaches, etc.. There was an article somewhere discussing this awhile ago.

Flaoting down the river with a can of San Adams instead of crappy Bud. Mmmmmmm. I'm just burnt out on Bud.

I'm a huge fan of cans. If I could can my homebrew I would. Canning makes beer lighter, easier to store (and store large quantities) and impossible to skunk.

I bought a 12 pack 3 weeks ago. Not sure how far they are shipping yet though.

I found it to be exactly like the bottles. I don't find cans to be different. It is all in people's heads. If you poured both into a glass, no one would be able to pick out the bottled beer.

The main reason I bought the cans was because I thought Sam created a new can. It was a regular can. The lip might have been a little bigger.

I bought a 12 pack 3 weeks ago. Not sure how far they are shipping yet though.

I found it to be exactly like the bottles. I don't find cans to be different. It is all in people's heads. If you poured both into a glass, no one would be able to pick out the bottled beer.

The main reason I bought the cans was because I thought Sam created a new can. It was a regular can. The lip might have been a little bigger.

A well packaged and maintained bottle will taste the same as a can, but if they're not well packaged and maintained, the can wins. In all honesty, I don't think the taste is different and I don't think it's the primary draw

And my primary draw to cans is 3 reasons. 1 gets colder faster, 2 more portable/storable (can stick a lot more cans in a cooler than bottles) and you don't have to worry about shattering glass

Now if the Sly Fox cans can improve a touch and provide a drinking experience similar to a glass, but from a can, that will easily push the advantage to cans.

Actually the Sam Adams clone is for me so I don't care what bottles I put it in but when I made a SNPA clone to give to a friend at his party I made sure to use the stubby SNPA bottles. Hell I even made nice stick on labels. Sorry, off topic.

I haven't noticed any difference between bottled and canned brews although I have had SABL in a can yet. I really wish all brews came in a can for the reasons mentioned previously. I also wish I could can my homebrew but that'd be expensive.

Pratzie said:
Ive actually enjoyed some really good craft beers out of cans... Thanks Oskar Blues Brewing...

I love dales pale ale!

I really ,Iike 21st amendment too!

You are correct. The only down side to SA cans is they are more expensive than the bottles but only by a few dollars per 12

Where I was they were the same price. I would love to see them do a 6 & 6 with Boston Lager and Summer Ale

Spotted my first cans last weekend. Did a serious double take when I saw them. The wife of all people said "yeah, I heard they were going to do that". I had no idea, it was a proud moment. SWMBO is up on the latest beer going ons.

Spotted my first cans last weekend. Did a serious double take when I saw them. The wife of all people said "yeah, I heard they were going to do that". I had no idea, it was a proud moment. SWMBO is up on the latest beer going ons.

So that means she's up for you giving it to her in the can? ;)

I have seen the can here in kansas so i know it should be in the most cities if i get it in my smaller town haha as far as the can shape and design go, sam adams spent a million dollars "re-creating" the can. It is supposed to have a larger drink hole that is centered to allow more aroma when drinking (but who drinks from the can?) and a larger lip around the top, not sure what that is for though. It does make sense that they are more expensive becuz of the MILLION dollar design expense but come on, a craft beer should NOT for any reason be more expensive out of a can than the same beer out of the bottle.

Back