Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

titletowngirl

Reaction score
Brewing a batch right now. Added LME. Got hung up trying to prevent boil over. Boiled for 40 min. Went to add second hops and noticed I completely forgot the DME. Damn!! Threw it in, now what??

boil long enough to sanitize...15 minutes or so and you should be ok. You might get some different flavor profiles than you intended, but I don't think it'll be bad.

Just keep following your recipe. Adding dme later in the boil shouldn't do anything to your beer. The only thing you need to make sure of is that all the dme has dissolved into the wort. As mistakes go this is a very, very minor mistake that shouldn't effect your beer.

No problem. Just stir it enough to ensure all of the lumps are gone. For a long time, we thought that less malt sugars would increase the bittering, but that turned out to be wrong.

Thanks for making me feel better! This is my favorite beer and one that all my family and friends love. I don't want to screw it up!!

Back