Craigs List Find, any good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heinz57

Reaction score
I found a guy on Craig's list selling a kegerator for $25. I got him on the phone today and he's also selling what he says is a 2-3 pound CO2 cylinder with regulator, and one corny. He says the kegerator is fine, the only problem is the tap handle is cracked so I'd have to replace that. I told him I'm interested in the whole kabang and wants to sell it for $65. That's kegerator with tower (only one tap), CO2 cylinder, and one corny. Decent deal?

If it's the ad I think it is, the description ("fair/not too good condition") is not too encouraging. Neither are the pictures, it looks like it was attacked by monkeys wielding blue spray paint. It also seems odd that a functioning kegerator wouldn't sell for $25 after being listed nearly a week.

I don't think the seller really knows what the tank is (calls it an "2lb air tank" in the ad) but if it's an in-test, 2.5 or 5lb co2 tank with functioning regulator, it might be worthwhile.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/for/369408451.html

Back