Simcoe: Back in stock.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any idea when you will have 3# bags of light DME back in?

very happy with my previous order for misc hops and def will be ordering again

F.N.L is posted.

I hoped to have the DME this week but I got stuck traveling on Monday. I will update when I get some in stock.

I have Wheat DME that will go up on the site this weekend and I also have some dark DME.

Cheers,

JOhn

I know you guys sell everything in 4 oz packs. What do you suggest is the best way to hold on to the hops once we open the bag?

Could I take 2 oz of hops and just put them in a zip lock bag and toss them in the freeze? I won't use 4 oz of hops anytime soon so that is why I ask.

Ordered yesterday...shipped yesterday...to be delivered Thursday...brewing Saturday!! Awesome!! This is my first time ordering, and will definitely be back! Thanks again!

I know you guys sell everything in 4 oz packs. What do you suggest is the best way to hold on to the hops once we open the bag?

Could I take 2 oz of hops and just put them in a zip lock bag and toss them in the freeze? I won't use 4 oz of hops anytime soon so that is why I ask.

I have a vacuum sealer and a roll of foodsaver bags. I picked up the sealer for about $40 on craigslist...great investment! They also sell ziploc bags with a "pump vacuum sealer", which work pretty good also. I bought one at first, but after losing the pump(and probably paying $10-15 between the pump and expensive resealable baggies) I decided to go with the actual vacuum sealer, and I love it! If you have bulk hops, you really can't go without it!

However, if there is any other suggestion to keeping the hops fresh, if you don't have any kind of vacuum sealer, I'd love to know!

I'm going to place an order soon for some of the noble hops. Ever consider having a Noble Hops pack with 4 ounces each of Hallertau, Tettnanger, Spalt, and Saaz? That might make a nice addition to your other lineups.

Ordered yesterday...shipped yesterday...to be delivered Thursday...brewing Saturday!! Awesome!! This is my first time ordering, and will definitely be back! Thanks again!

I have a vacuum sealer and a roll of foodsaver bags. I picked up the sealer for about $40 on craigslist...great investment! They also sell ziploc bags with a "pump vacuum sealer", which work pretty good also. I bought one at first, but after losing the pump(and probably paying $10-15 between the pump and expensive resealable baggies) I decided to go with the actual vacuum sealer, and I love it! If you have bulk hops, you really can't go without it!

However, if there is any other suggestion to keeping the hops fresh, if you don't have any kind of vacuum sealer, I'd love to know!

Money is a little tight so that is why I was wondering about the ziplock freezer idea. If they last for awhile that way then I will do it otherwise I have to try and find hops in a smaller oz size.

How does a guy from WI get away with having a screen name of Steelers77 without getting lynched by the locals? :)

Money is a little tight so that is why I was wondering about the ziplock freezer idea. If they last for awhile that way then I will do it otherwise I have to try and find hops in a smaller oz size.

This is how I store my opened hop pellet packs. I squeeze as much air as I can out of the ziplock bag and seal it. I always use the freezer bags and double bag them. A vacuum sealer is on my "to get" list also.

John, where we at here? There's no box on the website to select them. Are you out? Please say no!

Gonna order some simcoe but I saw the All American Hop Pack you have for sale. I am going to guess that is in the oz increments correct? Seems like a real great deal.

IPAAAAA, the American hop pack is 4 4/oz packs of hops, great deal for a mixed pound of hops.

Sorry about the fast shipping guys, my wife is a on top of the stuff. Don't worry I have more Simcoe they should be around for a while.

IPAAAAA, the American hop pack is 4 4/oz packs of hops, great deal for a mixed pound of hops.

Sorry about the fast shipping guys, my wife is a on top of the stuff. Don't worry I have more Simcoe they should be around for a while.

definitely not complaining about the fast shipping, you guys are awesome! :rockin:

i just wish i had waited a few more days so i could have added a few packs of simcoe to my order...c'est la vie.

definitely not complaining about the fast shipping, you guys are awesome! :rockin:

i just wish i had waited a few more days so i could have added a few packs of simcoe to my order...c'est la vie.

Agreed 100% not complaining about the excellent service and all! I put in a second order the same day anyway.

Order some 12 hours ago and everything was already shipped. Awesome service!

Now to figure out how to stash all these hops heh.

I'm about to order simcoe but saaz is out of stock now. I want a pound total, any one have a suggestion or two?

Back