Boring Time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadYetiBrew

Reaction score
Ok, so we're not popping the tops of anything till St. Patty's, except to check carbonation, and once we bottle our Irish Pale Ale and Apfelwein we won't have anything to do for a while. Being strapped for cash, and fully stir crazy when not doing something related to brewing, we though we'd go the cheaper route.

First, we're going to pitch more Apfelwein on top of the other Apfelwein's yeast cake. Or we were going to try a different kind of wine using the same 100% Juice, Concentrate, and Dextrose concept. Or the Welch's Grape Juice Wine. After that who know maybe we'll have some money and can finally do a Barleywine or have enough money to make a lagerator and do some lagers (or have enough for a mini).

Secondly, we were thinking of some cheap a$$ hooch for sh!ts and giggles (we were going over all the funny teeny hooch maker threads and got inspired). Here's what we were thinking. 1 gal of kool-aid using dextrose and some bread yeast. lol only 1 gal since it will probably taste like crap. It'll probably only cost like 3 dollars at most so it's ok to get thrown out.

----
In other matters...
Tested our Porter and Nut Brown again. Porter is carbonated perfectly at 3 weeks. Great head retention, great flavor, and blacker than Dr. Ruth's loins (thank god it tasted better).
The nut brown, unfortunately i poured some sediment into so it tasted like total sh!te. But other times we've tested it was great...
We're testing the Caramel Cream Ale, Sunday when we bottle the Irish Pale Ale.

I don't get the point of trying to make ****ty low alcohol god knows what. I mean if the 16yr olds want alcohol all they have to do is take a basic high school chemistry that covers organic chem. Distilling is not that hard, and would better suit their purpose.

z987k said:
I don't get the point of trying to make ****ty low alcohol god knows what. I mean if the 16yr olds want alcohol all they have to do is take a basic high school chemistry that covers organic chem. Distilling is not that hard, and would better suit their purpose.

Yeah, after thinking about it we're gonna say screw the hooch, because after all we can get better tasting high ABV stuff from the beers we already have, and basically anything we make... We're going to do more apfelwein and maybe some hard lemonade. Then in a month or two we'll do beer again when we have the money...

Latest posts

Back