Portable stereo system for travel softball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlayMizuno

Reaction score
If your daughter plays travel softball you will know what I am talking about. I have searched the internet for hours looking for examples with almost no luck. I am looking to build a 12v system that will run off a car/marine battery. It will need to have at least one subwoofer (preferably two because 10 year olds love their bass) a couple of smaller speakers, amp, and a head unit that will accept our I-pod. All of this will be in an enclosed box wheeled around on a a heavy duty hand wagon. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, or sites that may be of help.

Thanks, I will have to check e-bay when I get home tonight (blocked here at work).

That would be nice, but it is actually for the girls to listen to when then warm-up and in between innings. These things are everywhere at the tournaments we go to. I will have to see if I can get a look inside some of them at the tournament this coming weekend.

The wood box is what I am planning. I was hoping some of the DIY'ers here had done such a thing so I could get some specs on what components to use.

Yea, that is close to what I am looking for, but on a larger scale. These "stereos" are hauled around on the heavy duty hand wagons you see at the home improvement stores.

Nice work by the way.

Back