Pro Flow Dynamics Cam and Groove Couplings Coupon Code

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BitSlinger84

Reaction score
http://store.proflowdynamics.com/modules/store/-Couplings-for-Homebrewers-_C12074.cfm

Coupon Code for 10% off: 10%proflow

It worked this morning. I read on Homebrew Finds that it began Jan 26th and will continue for "a couple of months". I hope someone else finds this useful!

Four sets of 1/2" stainless quick disconnects + shipping for less than 50 bucks. That's insane.

Also, this is my first post so I apologize if it's in the wrong place :eek:

Great find! I almost bought my cam locks from bargain fittings yesterday...so I'm glad I waited. It might not make a difference with shipping though, since BF has $5 flat rate.

That discount code is supposed to be good through 3/31

I don't get it .. which are male and which are female and which parts fit together?

To make a pair, for silicone tubing, what would you choose?

I don't get it .. which are male and which are female and which parts fit together?

you need to decide what aproach you want to go with.

seeing as you have less connections on your house than you do other fittings most people use the "Female" cam fittings on each end of the house and use the "male" cam ever where else.

example your hose has a female fitting on each end. but your pump and kettle have male members that slip into the female hose. kinda like Sex-Ed.

several people including me are using street 90 bends with out hoses so they don't kink.

what fittings you buy largely depends on how you want to set up your brewery. what works for me may not work for you and so on and so forth.

-=jason=-

EDIT: the female cam fittings are more expensive. so using less is saving money.

Here's how I did mine:

Part D (female) with a 90 degree street with a hose barb for the tubing side that goes to the HLT/MLT/BK side. 90 degree so the tube just hangs there and does not kink.

Since the connection to my pump will be pointing straight up the street is omitted.

Part F (male) installed in the HLT/MLT/BK/Pump

Of course there are other combinations that can be used just as well.

Ok, do I have this straight?

Hose:
Type D female > threaded hose barb > hose < threaded hose barb < Type D female
* D050-SS

Hardware side:
Type F male > Type D female ...

Do you also go with the threaded fittings?

* F050-SS

ingchr1, can you post a few photos of the couplers in action?

I don't understand how these fitting "fit" together and lock AND how you connect the fittings to flexible hose.

If you look on the site, take a type C for example. This is the female. Now read and it says it goes with a type E male (amongst others). So your connection would look like this:

1/2" Hose --> Type C --> <-- Type E --> 1/2" Hose

As for how they fit together, look at the two common ends of the two pieces. These are the hose barbs. The catalog pics are all different sizes so although the ends look like different sizes imagine them the same. The other end of the male has a lip to it. This fits in the female and the swing arms come down and lock it in place.

By the way, all of my connections are type E to type C (because of the way my rig is).

Ok, do I have this straight?

Hose:
Type D female > threaded hose barb > hose < threaded hose barb < Type D female
* D050-SS

Hardware side:
Type F male > Type D female ...

Do you also go with the threaded fittings?

* F050-SS

ingchr1, can you post a few photos of the couplers in action?

I don't understand how these fitting "fit" together and lock AND how you connect the fittings to flexible hose.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/stainless-camlocks-review-158649/

that thread has a wealth of information in it.

since the female parts are more money and I need less of them I choose to use those on my hoses.

but they make two different female fittings. one that is female cam x female IPS and one that is female cam x male IPS

it all depends how you want to set up your system.

-=Jason=-

http://store.proflowdynamics.com/modules/store/-Couplings-for-Homebrewers-_C12074.cfm

Coupon Code for 10% off: 10%proflow

It worked this morning. I read on Homebrew Finds that it began Jan 26th and will continue for "a couple of months". I hope someone else finds this useful!

Four sets of 1/2" stainless quick disconnects + shipping for less than 50 bucks. That's insane.

Also, this is my first post so I apologize if it's in the wrong place :eek:

BTW this code still seems to work. Just ordered a bunch of camlock fittings. they have their 2 peice bv on sale for $9 something too.

Back